Jeremy Grogg is a partner with Burt Blee, working out of both the Auburn and Fort Wayne offices. He primarily practices in the area of civil litigation and dispute resolution.
Jeremy acts as general counsel for many national companies, coordinating and overseeing litigation efforts nationwide. In addition, his practice is composed of representing and advising individuals and corporations in both pursuing and defending commercial claims, title insurance claims and asserting property rights. Jeremy also counsels banks, lenders and creditors of various sizes in workouts, liquidation of commercial loans and the collection of obligations. Another important facet of Jeremy’s practice is assisting both landlords and tenants with eviction and leasing matters, both residential and commercial.
Jeremy joined Burt Blee as a law clerk during his first year of law school and has been litigating for the firm ever since. He has been selected as an Indiana Super Lawyer, a designation based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
Areas of Practice:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Riparian Rights & Property Rights Disputes/Litigation
- Real Estate Disputes/Litigation
- Title Insurance Litigation
- Allen County Bar Association
- DeKalb County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Citizenship Committee, Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Volunteer Lawyers Program, Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2013-2017
- Super Lawyer, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Named one of the “Top Attorneys in Indiana” by Indianapolis Monthly
Indiana Supreme Court
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Summers 988 N.E.2d 1133 (Ind.2013) (Supreme Court Oral Argument – first chair).
Reuille v. Brandenberger Const., Inc. 888 N.E.2d 770 (Ind. 2008) (Supreme Court Oral Argument – first chair).
Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 849 N.E.2d 544 (Ind. 2006) (Supreme Court OralArgument – second chair).
7th Circuit Court of Appeals
Cadleway Properties, Inc. v. Ossian State Bank, 478 F.3d 767 (7th Cir., 2007) (Oral Argument – first chair).
Indiana Court of Appeals – Published Opinions
Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 822 N.E.2d 223 (Ind.Ct.App. 2005).
Afolabi v. Atlantic Mortg. & Investment Corp., 849 N.E.2d 1170 (Ind.Ct.App. 2006).
Reuille v. Brandenberger Const., Inc., 873 N.E.2d 116 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007).
Irmshire Suppliers, Inc. v. Capital Crossing Bank, 887 N.E.2d 97 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008).
Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 909 N.E.2d 450 (Ind.Ct.App. 2009).
Millikan v. Eifrid 968 N.E.2d 243 (Ind.Ct.App 2012).
Wells Fargo Bank N.A. v. Summers 974 N.E.2d 488 (Ind.Ct.App 2012).
Feitler v. Springfield Enterprises, Inc. 918 N.E.2d 1160 (Ind.Ct.App. 2012).
Scott-Larosa v. Lewis 44 N.E.3d 89 (Ind.Ct.App. 2015).
- Landlord Tenant Law: Leases, Evictions, Litigation and Settlements, 2010
- Mechanic’s Liens & Related Litigation, 2012
- Understanding Riparian Rights and Lake Cottage Ownership Issues, 2017