Marty Lemert leads the defense of employers in labor and employment law matters. She practices before both federal and state courts as well as before numerous administrative agencies and arbitrators. Marty has a unique perspective on labor management relations, having represented unions early in her career. She uses her extensive experience to provide strategic and effective advice to advance successful personnel and labor relations results for clients.
Marty is a member of the American and Allen County Bar Associations, past president of the Benjamin Harrison American Inns of Court (2014-2015), and is currently a Senior Editor for the American Bar Association publication, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (BNA Books).
Marty is admitted to practice in both Indiana and Ohio. She has practiced before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Northern District of Ohio, the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and federal district courts in other states.
Areas of Practice:
- Labor & Employment Law
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Senior Editor, Age Discrimination and Employment Law BNA, ABA Publication
- Outstanding Program Award from the American Inns of Court for “Willie Wonka and the Conflict Factory,” 2015
- Charles Whistler Pro Bono Award – Faegre Baker Daniels, 2007
- Peace Montessori School, Vice President, 2017-2018
- Great Lakes Curling Association, Secretary, 2015-2018
- Benjamin Harrison American Inns of Court, President, 2013-2014
- Fort Wayne, Moms Demand Action, Chapter Lead, 2017-2018