A native of Auburn, Indiana, Lindsay Lepley joined Burt Blee in 2008. Lindsay practices in the areas of civil litigation, adoptions and guardianships, trademarks, creditor’s rights and collections, and securities law, including the arbitration of customer disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Her experience in creditor’s rights involves collection options and the enforcement of judgments including foreclosures, garnishments and the levy of personal property. Lindsay’s adoption practice includes private adoptions, agency adoptions, stepparent adoptions and grandparent adoptions. She is also experienced with interstate adoptions in compliance with the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC).
While in law school, Lindsay participated in the Moot Court competition and completed an externship with the Indiana Federal Community Defenders for the Southern District of Indiana. She also participated in the Criminal Defense Clinic, representing indigent defendants in Marion County, Indiana.
Lindsay was selected as a member of the inaugural class of the Indiana State Bar Association Leadership Development Academy in 2012. For the past several years, she has been named a Rising Star by the Indiana Super Lawyers publication which recognizes the top up-and-coming lawyers in Indiana based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
Lindsay also provides services through the Volunteer Lawyers Program and serves as pro bono counsel for the Allen County Mental Health Commitment Hearings. She also volunteers her time as a group facilitator for Erin’s House for Grieving Children, a local organization that provides support services for children, teenagers and their families who have suffered the death of a loved one.
Areas of Practice:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Probate Litigation
- Securities & Franchises
- Allen County Bar Association, Board of Directors (Past Director, 2012-2013; Vice President, 2014-2017)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Service Committee, Indiana State Bar Association, Allen County Liaison
- American Citizenship Committee, Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Benjamin Harrison Chapter, American Inns of Court, 2009-2011
- St. Thomas More Society
- Rising Star, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2017-2019
- Indiana State Bar Association, Leadership Development Academy, Class I Graduate
- Erin’s House for Grieving Children, Group Facilitator Volunteer
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Allen County Mental Health Commitment Hearings, Volunteer